1. Best palace: Linderhof
2. Best Palace grounds: Schwetzingen Castle grounds
3. Best asparagus festival: Schwetzingen
4. Best spectacular mountain views: Garmisch-Partenkirchen
5. Best bizzarre ice cream item: Spaghettieis
6. Best tourist place you'll be glad you went to: Hofbräuhaus am Platzl, Munich
7. Best museum to not eat lunch before: The Criminal Museum, Rothenburg (has such a lovely collection of torture devices)
8. Best pastries to eat far too much of: Bienenstich,
Apfelkuchen, Erdbeer tartelette
9. Best pastry that looks delicious but you will regret: Marzipan anything
10. Best trivia for awkward party situations : The "did you know you have to pay for ketchup in a German McDonald's?" line
(May also work as a pick up line. To be tested).
11. Best music to listen to while very drunk on German beer: Blümchen. Don't lie, you've loudly sung "Heut' ist mein Tag" while stumbling around. Who cares if its over a decade old? Certainly not that nice old man in lederhosen you are lovingly serenading!
12. Best tacky souvenir to bring back: "Oh look, a large mug with ugly pictures on it. Because I love you."
13. Best souvenir that will actually be appreciated: The awesome Christmas carousels
14. Best overpriced gift for your child that you won't actually let him play with because you had to sell your liver to purchase it: Steiff. The one and only. I actually can't hate on Steiff; if I had my choice, I'd buy everything they ever produced.
15. Best place to make a Star Wars joke: The Philosopher's Walk, Heidelberg. Yea, I know its spelled wrong - nerd.
16. Best place for Aly to head to next, because she never seems to make it: The North Sea islands.